Thursday, August 27, 2009

Missing Hawaii

Hello! It's almost been a week since I got back from my first trip to Hawaii... and I hella miss it. To those who say that Hawaii is nothing more than a hub for tourists... I say 2shieh. The island I went to was Maui... and you could definitely feel the resentment towards tourists there. I don't really blame them, but at the same time... should they feel flattered? Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places ON EARTH. Damn. Anyway... onto happier things. Why I love Hawaii:


1. Hawaiians are totally environmentally conscious-- they have recycling centers EVERYWHERE... even for post consumer goods AND they even have a rental car company that uses bio diesel for their cars ... AND a lot of businesses work really hard to preserve the Hawaii's natural habitat.

2. Hawaiians have awesomely bad food. Case in point: the Chili Moco from Zippy's. 2 scoops of rice. 1 hamburger patty. 1 bowl of chili. 2 eggs. Put all that together... and you get heartburn and heaven all in one bowl:



If only they served Primo (Hawaiian Lager) at Zippy's... chilled beer and a chili moco= awesome combo.



woooooord.

3. (this probably goes with point#2) Hawaii has the sweetest fruit. For example: I usually hate papaya. But while I was in Hawaii... I decided to try it out while we were at a luau and it was probably one of the sweetest fruit I have EVER tasted. Bombass.


4. Hawaii has such a laid back culture. Even if you have road rage (guilty), it all tends to go away when you're driving on the streets of Hawaii.


OK so all the things that I love about Hawaii relate to (mostly) food... but come on! I was on vacation!! Anyway... just thought I'd share. Back to work!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to go so badly. A classmate was telling me the other day about the trip she took last winter. 7 days, flight + hotel + car rental = $280/person. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete