Tuesday, July 28, 2009

first post... word.

Even though it's only August 2009... and I haven't gone on my summer vacation yet, I'm already planning for NEXT year's summer. So here are my options...

1. Paris, France to see the last stage of the Tour de France

The Tour de France is one of the most epic sporting events in the world, and the last stage in Paris is the only stage that you get to see the riders more than once. AND it's in Europe. It's been 5 years since I've been to Europe... and I definitely want to do more than just the Asian tour bus thing. Right?

























Word.

2. Shanghai, China for the 2010 World Expo

Ok, so it kinda sounds nerdy... and borderline boring... 2shieh. But hey... It only occurs every couple years and it's one of the three world's largest collaborative events (aside from the modern Olympics and the FIFA World Cup... and yes, I did get this info off of wikipedia hahaha). For those that don't know what the World Expo is... here's a quick blurb:

It's a world fair that features many countries' developments, innovations, and contributions to global culture and economics. The Eifel Tower-- one of the worlds most recocgnizable structures-- was actually built for the 1889 World Fair. Word.

Ok so now that that's out of the way... Shanghai's theme is "Better City – Better Life" which denotes their position as an up and coming economic and cultural hub. Different countries are going to have different exhibits but there isn't an official list of what each nation is going to show. I know that Japan is going to display a "living" room.... a room that actually breathes, exchanges air, and other... stuff...?

Anyway, check it.
http://en.expo2010.cn/















Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment